Starter motor

AHMED333
  • 1999 NISSAN VANETTE

Hi I have a 1999 vanette cargo 2.3 deisel. Sometimes it does not start thr chap I bought it from said it was the starter motor wire that comes loose sometimes. Can you please tell me where to find the starter motor exactly. Also could the loose wire story be true or do you think I will need a new starter motor. Thankyou

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 AT 7:26 PM

Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank over at all/nothing when you turn key to cranking position?

If you follow the battery positive cable back to the engine, it'll take you straight to it-

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 AT 7:31 PM
AHMED333

Thankyou for your answer. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesnt crankover at all

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 AT 9:07 PM

Could be the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery condition and connections are good. Note:If it doesn't apply disregard.

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 AT 10:13 PM
AHMED333

Nice 1 mate, I tried starting it this morning and there was no cranking, after playing around with all the wires I could see in the engine under the seat, it started do you think it could be a loose wire

Thursday, November 3rd, 2011 AT 11:11 AM

If it causes it to start -could be loose connections

Thursday, November 3rd, 2011 AT 7:40 PM