STARTER MOTOR

1999 Nissan Vanette

ahmed333

November, 2, 2011 AT 7:26 PM

Hi I have a 1999 vanette cargo 2.3 deisel. Sometimes it does not start thr chap I bought it from said it was the starter motor wire that comes loose sometimes. Can you please tell me where to find the starter motor exactly. Also could the loose wire story be true or do you think I will need a new starter motor. Thankyou

November, 2, 2011 AT 7:31 PM

Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank over at all/nothing when you turn key to cranking position?

If you follow the battery positive cable back to the engine, it'll take you straight to it-

ahmed333

November, 2, 2011 AT 9:07 PM

Thankyou for your answer. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesnt crankover at all

November, 2, 2011 AT 10:13 PM

Could be the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery condition and connections are good. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard.

ahmed333

November, 3, 2011 AT 11:11 AM

Nice 1 mate, I tried starting it this morning and there was no cranking, after playing around with all the wires I could see in the engine under the seat, it started do you think it could be a loose wire

November, 3, 2011 AT 7:40 PM

If it causes it to start -could be loose connections

Starter Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000