Camshaft position sensor circuit malfunction

EDPARAISO3
  • 1999 NISSAN QUEST

Just recently changed my timing belt. Started the car, but ran rough. So I went back into the timing belt and discovered the cam shafts were misaligned. The front cam was still aligned to the crank shaft. But the rear cam had advanced by about 10 teeth. I removed the belt and rotated the rear cam to obtain the right alignment. I re-installed the belt. Now the car won't start. The car turns over. The cam/crankshaft continues to be aligned. I am now getting the camshaft error code. Did I do something wrong when I rotated the rear cam? I don't think the problem is the distro since it was working correctly until I went back into the timing belt the second time.

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 3:10 PM

ASEMASTER6371

10teeth? You may have bent valves. Do a compression test first to verify it can start.
As far as the cam code, it has to start first to see if the code will persist.
Get the basics done first.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 3:15 PM
KHLOW2008

Recheck the timing belt installation. Ensure the tensioner is secure and belt tension adjusted correctly. Improper adjustment can cause the timing belt to skip.

+1
Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 3:35 PM

Related Camshaft Camshaft Position Sensor CMP Replace/Remove Questions

Help us by donating