AC & OVERHEATING

1999 Nissan Quest

Emmayo

September, 22, 2011 AT 11:20 PM

If I on the ac for both the front and back compartments the car wld overheat but if its just the front compartment everything is ok. What can cause the overheating when I on the ac in the two compartments?Mpartment everything is ok. What can cause the overheating when I on the ac in the two compartments?

Wrenchtech

September, 22, 2011 AT 11:58 PM

That's not really possible. The only thing you are adding with the rear is the minor electrical load of the fan. There has to be some other cause of the overheating. I would start by pressure testing the cooling system to see if it holds pressure and has any leaks.

Emmayo

September, 23, 2011 AT 1:20 AM

Thanks so much

Emmayo

September, 23, 2011 AT 4:44 AM

@wrenchtech. Pls whats the implication of attaching the radiator fan directly to the battery terminal in such a way that it starts working as soon as the ignition is switched on

Wrenchtech

September, 23, 2011 AT 9:48 AM

The fan already comes on whenever the A/C is on. That's not the way you fix an overheating problem. That would effect fuel mixture and run a high risk of electrical damage and fire in the vehicle.

Emmayo

September, 23, 2011 AT 8:50 PM

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230