MI NAME IS RODRIGO AND IM FROM PUNTA ARENAS ...

1999 Mitsubishi Pajero

rodrigovera

December, 31, 2012 AT 4:36 PM

Hi, mi name is Rodrigo and i'm from Punta Arenas, Chile. (Sorry for my english)
I have a mitsubishi pajero 1999, and I have a big poblem. When I am accelerating and try to slow down without using the brakes, a kind of red/orange lights shows up in the dashboard, is the engine light (i think) and the car lose power, and the only solution is to stop the car and turn it off for a minute or two. Then when I start the car again, the light disappear but after minutes, the same thing happen.

I don't know why happens or what to do, please help.

my email= rodrigo. Xoko@hotmail. Com

mhpautos

December, 31, 2012 AT 5:58 PM

You have a set fault code logged in the ECU, you need to get this code read with a scanner, the code will identify that problem can you post the codes?

rodrigovera

January, 1, 2013 AT 1:49 AM

The problem is that the car has the steering wheel changed (left side) and we can't find the ( I don't know how say it) connector. I mean, we know that the car can be connected to a pc or something like that, but can't find where connect it

The Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC) should be underdash near the fuse box or somewhereabouts.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Open Hood Video