WHAT IS SOME THINGS THAT COULD BE WRONG WITH MY CAR

1999 Mitsubishi Galant

jenburgess

June, 7, 2012 AT 8:40 PM

99 mitsubishi galant es, on the highwy going 65mph went to accelrate to get over and it acted like it was in neutral made sure it wasn't and it just wouldn't go. My tires just wont move. I put it in al, the gears but NOTHING! I had it towed home and since have put in transmission fluid but still nothing. Please anyone know anything?

June, 7, 2012 AT 8:48 PM

Scan the computer for code/s, if no CEL-have the tranmsission further checked by a transmission specialist-hard to say where its coming from internally

djcl

June, 7, 2012 AT 9:09 PM

You added fluid how much an is it reading full on the stick?

jenburgess

June, 7, 2012 AT 9:18 PM

Well on the stick it just says hot and then cold on the other side. It doesn't say fill or low like other sticms do.

June, 7, 2012 AT 9:25 PM

The fluid level has to be on the Hot side when engine and transmission is at normal operating temperature-

jenburgess

June, 7, 2012 AT 11:16 PM

So we have only added 3 bottles, should we add more? I never put any in I bacause I thought they do when I get my oil changed.

djcl

June, 8, 2012 AT 12:00 AM

You need to get the level corect. Fill it to the cold mark and see if it moves. Check it with the engine running in park.

jenburgess

June, 8, 2012 AT 12:28 AM

Ok thank so so much I will do.

June, 8, 2012 AT 9:30 PM

Your welcome

Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
 Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco