ALL OF A SUDDEN MY CAR WOULDNT START

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Anonymous

December, 20, 2012 AT 5:21 PM

All of a sudden my car wouldn't start. I made sure no lights were left on. I can jump it easy without turning the other car on. I just drove it down my county's back roads to charge it. I noticed a squeaking noise and the car is tough to drive. Got home and turned it off hoping it would be charged and will turn back on. Nope. Nothing no ticking and not even trying to turn over. What could the possibilities of the problems be?

DrCranknWrench

December, 20, 2012 AT 6:37 PM

The battery may have a full charge but is not capable of providing full voltage when under a load. This is usually due to a bad cell. You can take your battery to Advance Auto or Auto Zone and they will load test it for free. Also, your alternator may not be working properly and not charging the battery to 12 volts. That may be the aqeaking sound you hear. Grab the alternator pully and feel if there is any play in it as the bearings may be bad.

Battery Replacement Guide
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Starter Replacement