THE DIAMANTE I OWN PUTTERS WHEN I START DRIVING ...

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante

Anonymous

March, 25, 2013 AT 4:11 AM

The diamante I own putters when I start driving and occasionally while I'm driving. It also idles really low to the point were it almost stalls out while I'm stopped. It also jumps when I come to a stop almost like it jumps into first gear when I'm slowing down around 20 mph. Any ideas.

Randico

March, 25, 2013 AT 4:47 AM

Sounds like 2 separate problems, For the low RPM you are equipt with a IAC (idle air control) motor, this is a stepper motor that make continuous changes. To maintain desired idle, If its worn it need to be replaced. Slowing down and the transmission jumps, Hows the reverse gear? Does the engine jump? Have the motor mounts look at, And also worn out transmission fluid can cause this sudden jump. So can a worn out transmission but that something else.

hmac300

March, 25, 2013 AT 2:11 PM

If it doesn't say expert by name thenthese are not 2carpro people. Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first, clean throttle plate and iac hole with choke cleaenr if you have an iac engien has to run right prior to checking out transmission

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage