OIL LEAK CANT TELL IF ITS THE INTAKE MANIFOLD OR VALVE COVER.CAR CAN NOT MOVE I HAVE TO REPAIR IT WHERE IT IS.

1999 Lincoln Town Car

guarinop@ymail.com

December, 16, 2011 AT 12:14 AM

Oil leak last wed. Oil coming down onto exhust pipe, under pass side.

Oil Leak From Engine

DrCranknWrench

December, 16, 2011 AT 1:00 AM

If you have had the car running recently and it seems to run okay it is probably the valve cover leaking oil.
The things I am refering to when I say, "has it been ruing okay", are things like a steady idle, revs up with acclerator, does not stall, does not surge in idle no sounds like air leaks or vacuum leaks when engine is running. The reason I metnion these kinds of problems is that they are realted to vacuum leaks and how they affect the engine performance. This would indicate a leak in the intake manifold as it seals off 2 things, coolant and air. So the symptoms that would follow would be coolant in the oil or bad engine perfomance as I described.
The valve cover is in general more likely to leak than the intake manifold and there would have to be something pushing oil into the intake tract as well because there are no oil seals in the intake manifold. So, I would say they replacing valve cover gasket would do the trick. That is the best opinion I can give you without seeing the car.

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla