BREAKS DIDN'T WORK AND WATER POURED OUT.

1999 Lexus RX 300

yigitari

March, 27, 2011 AT 5:34 PM

Yesterday after getting a smog check.
I was driving more than 40 miles the car was shaking, I thought it was because of the hood because it doesn't close. And when I was parking the breaks didn't work. It was like the pedals were loose with no pressure in them. Then I hit a pole (with right front of my car) and a foamy water (lots of water) poured out. The break lights has been on for a while,
What do you suggest me to do at this point?
I don't even know if it's safe to drive it to a shop to get it checked.
Thank you

March, 27, 2011 AT 5:42 PM

Check the brake fluid level. Seems there is a leakage causing the indicator tome on due to low fluid level in master cylinder reservoir. Top up the level and bleed the brakes to see if you are able to get any pressure on the brake pedal, which can get you to the shop. If no pedal pressure is available, it definitely is not safe to drive without any brakes.

Check the coolant level in radiator. The foamy water could be the windshield wiper tank bursting due to the impact and the fluids in it being thrown out.

Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear