MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AND FLASHES AFTER...

1999 Isuzu Trooper

palnbabe1

December, 20, 2012 AT 5:12 PM

My check engine light comes on and flashes after I drive about 2 miles. When I turn it off and back on it goes out. But after driving about 2 miles it comes back on. I have had it scanned and no codes came up. So what could it be. One mechanic said it was the abs making it do it. But I have fixed the sensor and the abs light has gone out but the check engine light keeps coming on. Doesnt seem to affect the drivability of the vehickle though.

saturntech9

December, 20, 2012 AT 5:37 PM

Your going to have to get it scanned with a professional scan tool if the lights coming on there should be codes. Let me know the exact code numbers not code descriptions?

palnbabe1

December, 20, 2012 AT 5:57 PM

I took it to a shop ans they said no codes showed up

saturntech9

December, 20, 2012 AT 6:16 PM

Believe it or not some shops are using diyer scan tools to read codes and they can't read all the computers and codes you may have. So ethier that's that's the case or the light is malfunctioning which I rarely see that happening.

palnbabe1

December, 20, 2012 AT 7:33 PM

Where can I get it scanned? Thanks

saturntech9

December, 20, 2012 AT 8:07 PM

Where you got it scanned for codes and they said you didn't haveany ask them what brand and model it is?Then I can tell you if it will do the job of getting the codes. If it can then you will have to start trouble shooting why the light is coming on for no reason.

palnbabe1

December, 21, 2012 AT 3:32 AM

Ok I will thanks

saturntech9

December, 21, 2012 AT 4:23 AM

Your welcome keep me posted.

palnbabe1

February, 5, 2013 AT 3:37 PM

I just noticed that the check engine light goes out if you put it in 4x4. As soon as you take it out and go about a half mile it comes back on. It usaully takes about a mile or two for the light to come on. Then you put it in 4x4 it goes out almost instantly

saturntech9

February, 6, 2013 AT 1:21 AM

Alright I still need you to have it scanned with a professional scan tool not a diyer one.

palnbabe1

February, 6, 2013 AT 12:46 PM

Ok. Thanks