LOW IDLE AT START AND INTERMITTENT STALLING

1999 Isuzu Rodeo

Dray2n

October, 18, 2011 AT 8:42 PM

At initial start up rpm's drop to about 150 then quickly rise to 850. As engine warms and seems to go into closed loop the idle rises and holds at 1,000. Seems to be doing the opposite of what it should do on a cold start up. It also stalls intermittently when coming to a stop but always starts again and runs if I keep my foot on the accelerator a bit. After driving again for about 10 min. It drives like a dream and may not stall for a couple of days. I have codes for running rich for both bank one and bank two. (Map, iac, tps, egr, fuel pump, fuel filter, pcv valve, intake manifold gaskets, and spark plugs have all been changed. Also fuel injectors have been pulled and cleaned along with cleaning throttle body)
Thank you for your help,
Drayton

October, 18, 2011 AT 8:49 PM

Check and test the colant temperature sensor and idle air control valve/motor

Dray2n

October, 18, 2011 AT 9:01 PM

Thank you rasmataz for such a quick response. I was wondering about the coolant temperature sensor also. How do I go about testing it?

October, 18, 2011 AT 9:30 PM

Check its resistances hot and cold if its within specs

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars