CAR WONT START

1999 Isuzu Amigo

Rygrho

November, 20, 2010 AT 6:22 AM

My car will turn over but wont start and makes a crank noise? Is it the alternator or the starter? The clicking noise is in the hood area.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 20, 2010 AT 6:28 AM

If the starter is turning the engine, it is working. If the battery is strong enough to engage the starter and crank the engine, chances are the alt and battery are both good. You mention a clicking noise. Can you explaine when you hear that or do you mean rather than the starter turning the engine you hear a clicking?

Rygrho

November, 20, 2010 AT 7:05 AM

Its like a crank noise. I turn the starter the lights flicker and then the car goes KKKRRRRR

Jacobandnickolas

November, 20, 2010 AT 7:13 AM

First, I need you to check the battery terminals to make sure they are clean, tight, and free of corrosion. If they look good, remove the battery (neg terminal first and when installing neg last)and have it load tested at a parts store. Most do it for free.

Let me know what you find. Based on your description, it sounds like you have either a bad connection from the battery or it is just weak.

Rygrho

November, 20, 2010 AT 8:14 PM

Ok. Also, I had a friend of mine bring his truck over and try to jump it as well. We let the battery charge for a bit and then I tried to start it. It would act as if it was going to but never fired up. Do you think perhaps that it is still a bad connection from the battery or that its weak. We tried multiple times to jump it but it never worked.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 20, 2010 AT 9:39 PM

When you say it sounded like it was going to start, was the starter working properly? Basically, was it turning the engine but the engine wouldn't start?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right