MY ODY STALLS OUT OF NOWHERE

1999 Honda Odyssey

molsoncanadian

January, 15, 2011 AT 2:26 AM

Hi there guys, my neighbor has a 99 Ody which is getting quite old now. Gas prices now days.
Anyways, My neighbors Odyssey has got 106xxx Miles on it, and it just stalls out of nowhere. It has happened once before, just 2 weeks ago, now it just happened today, TWICE in 2 HOURS. Everything in the speedometer area shuts down, but the headlight lights work(When manually switched on). I've heard the Ign. Switch is faulty on these things, but some places tell that other things can be the issue. So the main thing is that the first time this happened, He was able to fire it right back up. Now he had to wait at least over 1 minute. He tried starting it right after it stalled, but it would just start and stall right after like 3-5 times.(Stalled-->Put to Neutral-->Fire it-->nope-->A minute after --> fire it--> YES!)
So NO Trouble Codes or anything.
I tried making this question as simple as I could. I appreciate everybody's help. Thanks in advance. Also, according to the neighbor, the spark plugs have never been changes since he bought it, 54xxx miles ago or 8 years ago( not so great)

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

If the dash indicators turns off when engine stalled, that would indicate a fault with the ignition switch, which is a known fault for the year model and a safety recall campaign was initiated earlier.

molsoncanadian

Ok. Thanks, but do you have any opinions about the engine not starting right after?

A faulty ignition switch would cause non starting problems. If you try it a few times the switch might contact and work again.