1 NOT ALWAYS BUT SOMETIMES WHEN I START THE ...

1999 Honda Odyssey

gerardo herdz

December, 28, 2012 AT 8:11 PM

1) Not always but sometimes when I start the odyssey, goes off with no reason, and then is hard to start it again.

2) The other fails is when turn off the switch after a ride and pull out the key the "Immobilizer system indicator" light flashes for 2, or 3 seconds.

the engine light is on reading code 420, I thinks this is catalyst system and not related with this problem
thanks.

December, 30, 2012 AT 7:06 PM

The code is not related to the non starting.

The immobilizer flashing could be the reason it is difficult or not starting.
When it fails to start, you need to find out what is missing, it could be a fuel related problem.

gerardo herdz

About the same question, I took the van with the dealer already and they say " if the odyssey doesn't fails we can do anything" because the fails is not always, and your answer: you need to find out what's missing, it could be a fuel related problem" does not tell me much, somebody toll me that you are the experts so for this reason I'm writing you guys, could you give me details about the answer, or more tips, I really appreciated
thanks.

When a problem occurs, you need to perform diagnostic test to find out what is missing. The possibilities are a mile long, which would you want to start guessing with?

Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test