IMPORTANT: The CKP System Variation Learning Procedure will need to be performed whenever the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is removed or replaced. Refer to CKP System Variation Learn Procedure
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Raise the vehicle.
3. Remove the CKP sensor harness connector.
4. Remove the sensor hold down bolt.
5. Remove the sensor from the timing cover.
6. Inspect the sensor O-ring for wear, cracks or leakage. Replace if necessary. Lube the new O-ring with clean engine oil before installing.
IMPORTANT: Make certain that the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor mounting surfaces are clean and free of burrs before installing the CKP sensor.
When installing a crankshaft position (CKP) sensor make sure the sensor is fully seated and held stationary in the front cover before torquing the hold down bolt into the front cover. A sensor which is not seated may result in erratic operation and lead to the setting of false codes.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 4:52 PM