MY SON INSTALLED HIS BATTERY BACKWARDS

1999 GMC Sonoma

chcio

November, 29, 2012 AT 7:02 PM

My son installed his battery backwards. I changeout the alternator, the fuse located under the battery and the ECM. I've checked the fuses in the fuse block located in the engine compartment. Truck still won't start. The only the only thing I haven't changed out is the fuel pump. I've read about a fuse link. Where is the fuse link located? Any suggestions

December, 3, 2012 AT 2:15 AM

Check the 50amp fuse in the fuse block if its okay-Do you see all the idiot lites that normally comes On? test for battery voltage on the Batt terminal of the alternator if you have it-the fusible link is okay-

Which of this links suit your problem: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-engine-will-not-crank-over or http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Also see below see below

December, 3, 2012 AT 2:23 AM

Pic

chcio

December, 3, 2012 AT 2:37 AM

I Checked all the fuse's in the fuse block. All fuse's are good. All the idiot lights comes on. The truck cranks, but it just won't start. I noticed that the security light comes on and then goes off after about a minute or so, but all the other idiot lights stay on. I'll check the voltage on the battery terminal tomorrow. Thanks. I'll get back with you.

December, 3, 2012 AT 2:51 AM

I'll be waiting-Good Luck-Curiosity, How are you checking the fuses-eyeballing it, if so use a circuit tester and probe both ends of the fusible link the lite will lit up both ends-if not the link is open-

chcio

December, 3, 2012 AT 4:39 PM

Battery voltage is 12.6. I checked the fuses by pulling them out and eyeballing them. If no break in the line then I put them back. I'll check the fuses with a fuse tester. Or maybe it would save me time to just replace all the fuses. I'll get back. Thanks again.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element