MY SON INSTALLED HIS BATTERY BACKWARDS

• Chcio
  • 1999 GMC SONOMA

My son installed his battery backwards. I changeout the alternator, the fuse located under the battery and the ECM. I've checked the fuses in the fuse block located in the engine compartment. Truck still won't start. The only the only thing I haven't changed out is the fuel pump. I've read about a fuse link. Where is the fuse link located? Any suggestions

Thursday, November 29th, 2012 AT 7:02 PM

• Rasmataz

Check the 50amp fuse in the fuse block if its okay-Do you see all the idiot lites that normally comes On? test for battery voltage on the Batt terminal of the alternator if you have it-the fusible link is okay-

Which of this links suit your problem: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-engine-will-not-crank-over or http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Also see below see below

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 AT 2:15 AM
  • Rasmataz

Pic

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 AT 2:23 AM
  • Chcio

I Checked all the fuse's in the fuse block. All fuse's are good. All the idiot lights comes on. The truck cranks, but it just won't start. I noticed that the security light comes on and then goes off after about a minute or so, but all the other idiot lights stay on. I'll check the voltage on the battery terminal tomorrow. Thanks. I'll get back with you.

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 AT 2:37 AM
  • Rasmataz

I'll be waiting-Good Luck-Curiosity, How are you checking the fuses-eyeballing it, if so use a circuit tester and probe both ends of the fusible link the lite will lit up both ends-if not the link is open-

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 AT 2:51 AM
  • Chcio

Battery voltage is 12.6. I checked the fuses by pulling them out and eyeballing them. If no break in the line then I put them back. I'll check the fuses with a fuse tester. Or maybe it would save me time to just replace all the fuses. I'll get back. Thanks again.

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 AT 4:39 PM