VACUUM LEAK IN FORD TAURUS

• emilygoode
  • 1999 Ford Taurus
  • automatic
  • 201 miles

1999 ford taurus has a vacuum leak but can find what hose it would be. Or it may be the ICS. It jumps in park and has a hissing sound when driving(kinda like a piece of paper stuck in a fan- not a loud clack noise like the engine being out of oil) is there a diagram I could look at to find the vacumm hoses on my car?

Monday, June 20th, 2011 AT 5:31 PM

• rasmataz

Try this:

Monday, June 20th, 2011 AT 5:49 PM
  • caradiodoc

There's a sticker under the hood that shows the vacuum hose routing. If you can hear the hiss inside the car, check the operation of the vacuum controls for the heater / defroster.

Spray a little water on the engine when it's still cold and running. You will see and hear it get sucked into a vacuum leak. This works well for intake manifold gaskets but spray the vacuum hoses too. You can also pinch the vacuum hoses where they originate on the engine. If one affects engine operation, follow that hose to its branches and follow each one.

Monday, June 20th, 2011 AT 5:50 PM
  • emilygoode

Ok, I have found that it is to the fpr. This is a 99 ford taurus 3.0 dohc. I do not know where that line runs to. It comes off of the fpr and goes where? It is RED. Any pics would help. Thank you.

Monday, June 20th, 2011 AT 9:23 PM
  • rasmataz

Refer to diagram it goes to a fitting MAN VAC the FPRC

Monday, June 20th, 2011 AT 10:29 PM
  • emilygoode

Fixed the vacuum leak. Now I still am having the car jumping while in drive but in idle. The car is also slow to go into reverse. Almost like the transmission is not catching but.I pray there is another answer to this problem.

Monday, June 20th, 2011 AT 11:09 PM
  • rasmataz

Clean out the idle air control valve and test TPS and MAF sensors-

Monday, June 20th, 2011 AT 11:21 PM