I JUST STARTED HAVING THIS ISSUE TODAY WITH THIS...

• Anonymous
  • 1999 Ford Taurus

I just started having this issue today with this car, it's a POS really but I have a four year old and a hubby with a job so I need my car. Anyhow the issue is when I accelerate at like a stop light or something I can hear and feel a thump noise from under the car, either in the front or back. I'm not really sure what this issue is. I know the car needs some repairs, the main one that I know of is a coolant leak which I've been having to fill the coolant every now and then. Any help with figuring this out would be nice, I have a 1999 Ford Taurus.

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 12:07 AM

• freemba

Is this a one time "thump" when you acellerate from a stop or is it a "thump, " "thump, " "thump" continuing as you acellerate until a certain speed is reached?

Single "thump" sounds like a bad motor mount or other loose engine or suspension part.

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 12:15 AM
  • courtneyleecollins-dodge

It's usually just one thump, there's been one time where it was multiples but it wasn't right after another and it was happening when I was in a 25 zone. My brother in law is saying it may be the transmission dying and I'm really hoping that's not the case.

Friday, December 28th, 2012 AT 8:15 AM