WHEEL BEARINGS FRONT

1999 Ford Ranger

jerrytur

August, 10, 2011 AT 12:11 PM

Are the wheel bearings on a 1999 ranger 2 wheel drive easy to replace

August, 10, 2011 AT 1:45 PM

Easy to an experienced tech and to a non tech is a tough question.

The hub bearings are one unit and depending on whether everything comes loose easily are determining factors on old units.

In my opinion, yes, it is realitivly simple but just take your time.

Wrenchtech

August, 10, 2011 AT 2:55 PM

This vehicle does not take a one piece bearing. It has normal inner and outer, 2 piece bearings. The hardest part is adjusting them properly and if the old ones were real bad, they may be welded to the spindle.

August, 10, 2011 AT 2:56 PM

! ALSO RECOMMEND A PAPER REPAIR MANUAL. NOT JUST FOR THIS, BUT ANY OTHER STUFF YOU MAY NEED TO TACKLE. BIG ZIP-LOCK BAG, UNDER YOUR SEAT. ALWAYS THERE, READY TO HELP!

I SWEAR BY THEM. USED 'EM EVER SINCE I STARTED DRIVING!

I AM NOT A MECHANIC BY TRADE, IMMA PLUMBER, I JUST KNOW MY JEEPS AND OTHER STUFF THRU EXPERIENCE, QUESTIONING THE RIGHT FELLERS. AND GOOD REFERENCES, TO DOUBLE CHECK. GOT TIRED OF PAYIN' "THE MAN" LONG AGO!

MY JOURNEY BEGAN, AROUND '81, WHEN THEY GAVE ME THE PAPER ALLOWING ME TO BECOME A "MENACE" TO OTHER DRIVERS!

PRESENTLY, OWN, HAVE BUILT MY LAST 2, NEARLY FROM SCRATCH. ALL BY MYSELF. HAVE HAD 7 TOTAL, NOTHING ELSE. IT'S A DISEASE!

IT'S TAKEN TIME!

IT ALL STARTED WITH A CHILTON'S MANUAL. IN MY PICS, ONE OF 'EM WITH THE COVER WORN SLAP OFF OF IT!

KEEP US INVOLVED!

xmanual

Wheel Bearing Pack - All Cars
Wheel Bearing Replacement
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper