Timing belt marks diagram

HAIRBALL55
  • 1999 FORD RANGER
Timing belt diagram ford 2.5 please.
Saturday, January 15th, 2011 AT 8:50 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6

Here is a guide and a diagrams below to show you the camshaft timing look at the bottom of the guide.

https://www.2carpros.com/diagrams/ford/ranger/1999

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
+5
Thursday, February 24th, 2011 AT 7:54 PM
BARBERA
  • 1999 FORD RANGER
The timing belt on my truck and was repaired the mechanic is telling me that after I drive it approx 150 to 200 miles that I need to bring it back for adjustments. I have had the timiing belt serviced before and have never had this request. Just curious if this is a valid service.
Saturday, October 27th, 2018 AT 4:23 PM (Merged)
FIXITMR
What motor?
KHLOW2008
Never heard of beltings requiring adjustment after a short drive.
MHPAUTOS
No this is not required, I have never seen a timing belt that requires re tensioning after installation.
FIXITMR
Almost motors with timing belts have automatic tensioners. The few that dont would need to be rechecked for proper tension after short 'break in' period. This can be as simple as removing upper plastic cover and checking for tension by feel/sight.
CARYVELEZ
  • 1999 FORD RANGER
Timing belt broke on my 1999 4 cyl Ranger. What kind of valve train damage can I expect?
DOCFIXIT
None put a new belt on and your good to go
JAMESDEAN054
  • 1999 FORD RANGER
I am sure we have lined the appropiate marks as per manual and the truck doesn't even fire, am I missing something? Thank you my email is jamesdean054@gmail. Com
BLUELIGHTNIN6
On this truck there is a diamond and a triangle stamped into both gears be sure to clean them off and make sure you are using the triangle for the cam and the diamond on the oil pump. Otherwise you have no compression.
ERICFUH
  • 1999 FORD RANGER
99 ford ranger with a 2.3. Vehicle starts and idles good, it will rev up and hold the rpm, but when you let off the gas it will die out. Compression is between 110 and 130 on all cylinders until it dies, then it drops to 20 psi. Oil pressure is 50 psi at idle and goes up to 65 yo 75 when reved. Timing marks line up and the belt has been replaced. Not sure where else to go with this, it has been at several repair shops to no avail.
WRENCHTECH
You may have a bad IAC ( idle air control) but try eliminating any vacuum leaks and cleaning the throttle body first. Remove the intake snorkel, have someone hold the throttle wide open for you and scrub the back side of the throttle plate and surrounding bore with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner. Be sure to spray some into the small holes next to the throttle plate. That should help stabilize the idle. If it still has a problem, replace the IAC.
ERICFUH
When it dies it loses most of the compression and free spins. I let it sit for a few minutes and it fires right back up like nothing happened. The iac has been replaced. What do you think about the valves sticking when it gets revved up and it cools down then fires?
WRENCHTECH
You didn't say that the first time. You are going to have to do some testing during that few minutes to find the problem.

All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can ONLY be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem isn't present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.
Saturday, October 27th, 2018 AT 4:24 PM (Merged)
ERICFUH
The injectors pulse and has spark when it dies. I put sea foam in crankcase and put some in the brake booster line while running and it seems to be better. Not sure if that is helping or if it is the engine getting warmer that is changing the performance. When it dies now with the engine at operating temp, it will start up within 30 seconds of dying instead of waiting 3 to 5 minutes.
ERICFUH
The fuel pressure is within spec and it does hold after it dies.
HILTZYY
  • 1999 FORD RANGER
Hello just had timing belt replaced 2 weeks ago. Seemed to be ok now it bucks a little and stalles once in a while. Is it the timinf or mabey fuel filter plese help dont want my wife to break down also ck. Engine ligh comes on and off every so often im disabled with a brain injury I cant donate at this time
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Was it stalling prior to timing belt replacement? Since engine light is coming on, have the codes scanned to help pinpoint the culprit. Most local auto part stores will do this for free.
WRENCHTECH
Sounds like you need to drive around with a fuel pressure gauge attached.
HILTZYY
Did not stall before but ck engine light wood go on and off for a while. Always got a legal sticker passed everything but engine light was always off not sure what to do thank u have not gotten it scanned for codes.