NEED TO REPLACE THE UPPER AND LOWER CONTROL ARM

• rs3535
  • 1999 Ford Ranger

Where can I find the all the tools I need to replace the upper and lower control arm on the front end of a 99 ranger 4wd bearing cup puller, driver handle, hub puller, hub removal clips, impact slide hammer, needle bearing replace, pusher, seal depth set/vacuum test cap, seal remover guide, seal replacer/cv tester and snap ring sleeve.

Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 AT 6:18 PM

• saturntech9

If your just replacing the upper and lower control arms why are you messing with the bearing etc. Just support the spindle control arm etc take the ball joint nut loose then take a ball joint pickle fork and break the ball joint loose. They rent tools at auto zone or other parts store. Or try sears if you have to buy tools. Also harbor frieght sells slide hammers pickle forks etc.

Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 AT 6:43 PM
  • rs3535

I need to basicly rebuild the whole front end and according to alldatadiy. Com thes e were tools I needed

Thursday, March 1st, 2012 AT 12:04 AM
  • saturntech9

If your going to rebulid the whole front then go for it but if I was just doing the control arms I wouldnt mess with the bearings knuckle etc. The bearing dust cap you can remove gently with a hammer and screwdriver.I have down it that way everytime I never bought the tool for that. You can rent tools at the auto parts and buy rest at sears harbor frieght etc.

Thursday, March 1st, 2012 AT 12:11 AM