MY BRAKES ARE ACTING STRANGELY

1999 Ford Ranger

Anonymous

December, 16, 2012 AT 8:58 PM

My brakes are acting strangely. When approaching a stop light or stop swign, my truck will swlow down normally as a get down to about 5mph. At about that speed, the brakes lose strength and the truck will continue to roll forward another 10 -20 feet. The brake pedal does not go to the floor and there is no leaks that I can tell. The reservoir is full. I had a shade tree mechanic replace a broken spring on the left rear assembly, but to his surprise it did nothing to solve the issue. Have you heard of this problem before?

December, 17, 2012 AT 5:36 AM

MAYBE IT'S AN ABS ISSUE?

YOU KNOW, NORMALLY THE "ABS FEATURE" KEEPS THE BRAKES FROM LOCKING UP. IF YOU SLAM THEM ON----THIS ALLOWS YOU TO "STEER", NOT SLIDE (UNABLE TO STEER)"THEY" SAY THIS MAY HELP YOUR STEER OUT OF A POSSIBLE ACCIDENT

DO YOU HAVE ABS. IS THE LIGHT ON ON THE DASH?

MAYBE IT'S MALFUNCTIONING. THIS IS A COMPLICATED FIX. MR. SHADE TREE MOST LIKELY DOES NOT HAVE THE HIGH DOLLAR DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape