I HAVE A 1999 FORD ECONOLINE VAN THAT WAS ...

1999 Ford

billcraig1

February, 24, 2013 AT 4:32 PM

I have a 1999 Ford Econoline van that was converted by LA West. The interior lights in the front and back are working but not the dome lights in the middle or the rope lights on the sides. I have checked the fuse panel under the steering wheel, the high power fuses in the engine compartment and the small fuse panel by the back radio. Any thoughts of what else to check? The TV, back radio and DVD player all work. Thanks

February, 24, 2013 AT 4:37 PM

Is there a separate circuit board to support all the back accessories?

billcraig1

February, 24, 2013 AT 4:39 PM

There is one next to the radio. I have pulled them and they look good.

February, 24, 2013 AT 4:42 PM

Ok, you will need a wiring diagram to find the wires for the lights and see if the board is powering them to come on. We have tons of issues with these boards burning out the micro relays. You may have to have someone wire the lights into an empty spot to operate or replace the board.

billcraig1

February, 24, 2013 AT 4:43 PM

I should have been more clear there. There is a small board with a wooden access hatch next to the radio which is halfway back in the van. On the board are about 7 breakers. I pulled all of them and they looked good. Sorry for being so vague in my first response.

billcraig1

February, 24, 2013 AT 4:46 PM

Ok, Thanks for the Help!

February, 24, 2013 AT 4:48 PM

Breakers are tested with a test light as you cannot see inside them. Check every fuse everywhere to verify there condition

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace