IM NOT GETTING ANY POWER TO THE INJECTORS WHAT ...

• chuck evans
  • 1999 Ford F-150

I'm not getting any power to the injectors, what do I need to check

Friday, December 21st, 2012 AT 7:14 PM

• JDL

Just curious, engine cranking, do you have any spark at the plugs? Check for voltage at the injectors with the key on, if no voltage check the fuse. Fuse 18--15 amp in underhood fuse block. Voltage for that fuse comes from the pcm power relay. That relay should energize at key on. Circuits for voltage going to relay are fuse protected, also. Not only check the fuse, check that the fuse circuit is hot.

Any applicable trouble codes?

Friday, December 21st, 2012 AT 7:50 PM
  • chuck evans

Yes, the check engine light is on but I don't have any way to check the codes. Hey on a Chevrolet you can put a paperclip in the code reader plug in and the codes will flash on the panel, will a ford do that? I'll go check what you told me to then get back to you. Thank you.

Monday, December 24th, 2012 AT 2:51 PM
  • JDL

Chevy won't do that with obd2. It will do that with obd1.
Obd2 is 96 and newer. To check codes yourself, use an obd2 code reader. The autostore sells them. I don't think they cost too much? To work on your own vehicle, the code reader is a basic tool.

Monday, December 24th, 2012 AT 3:05 PM