IM NOT GETTING ANY POWER TO THE INJECTORS WHAT ...

1999 Ford F-150

chuck evans

December, 21, 2012 AT 7:14 PM

I'm not getting any power to the injectors, what do I need to check

Wiring Issue?

December, 21, 2012 AT 7:50 PM

Just curious, engine cranking, do you have any spark at the plugs? Check for voltage at the injectors with the key on, if no voltage check the fuse. Fuse 18--15 amp in underhood fuse block. Voltage for that fuse comes from the pcm power relay. That relay should energize at key on. Circuits for voltage going to relay are fuse protected, also. Not only check the fuse, check that the fuse circuit is hot.

Any applicable trouble codes?

chuck evans

December, 24, 2012 AT 2:51 PM

Yes, the check engine light is on but I don't have any way to check the codes. Hey on a Chevrolet you can put a paperclip in the code reader plug in and the codes will flash on the panel, will a ford do that? I'll go check what you told me to then get back to you. Thank you.

December, 24, 2012 AT 3:05 PM

Chevy won't do that with obd2. It will do that with obd1.
Obd2 is 96 and newer. To check codes yourself, use an obd2 code reader. The autostore sells them. I don't think they cost too much? To work on your own vehicle, the code reader is a basic tool.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Engine Oil Change and Filter