F150 4.2 V6 MANUAL TRANSMISSION IS THE FIRING ORDER 1-4-2-5-3-6 ?CAN YOU SEND ME A DIAGRAM PLEASE?

1999 Ford F-150

cpridgen007

March, 10, 2012 AT 7:51 PM

I would like to get a diagram for replacing the fuel injectors if you could locate that too. Thank you!

March, 10, 2012 AT 8:08 PM

The F/O is correct for your vehicle-to ID injectors it corresponds with the F/O

DrCranknWrench

March, 10, 2012 AT 8:19 PM

I am attaching the firing order, the cylinder identification, fuel injector removal instructions along with all the instruction s, torque sequence and specifications and FIGs referenced in the injector reoval instructions.

cpridgen007

March, 10, 2012 AT 11:52 PM

Is the torque in inch pounds or foot pounds.

DrCranknWrench

March, 11, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

It is in in-lbs. It is confusing, but I looked at the rest of the chart and valve cover gaskets is below it in the same section and that is something that is tightened only in in-lbs. You want to acctually look at the dual torque numbers for the upper manifold as you should tighten the pattern in two steps at the torques given. If you are like me, you don't have a torque screwdriver or in-lb measuring device at all. You might try Auto Zone or Advance Auto as they loan out specialty tools with just a deposit. Usually I just do it by feel and end up over tightening it. But, the intake manifold is important and will cause problems if it is not done correctly. Vacuum leaks there can cause problems so I reccomend that you try to get an in-lb screwdriver or I believe they come in 1/4" wrench configurations. I believe, if I remember my math correctly, you divide by 12to get ft-lbs. So, 44in-lbs would be 3.7 ft-lbs and 101in-lbs is 8.4 ft-lbs. My torque wrench starts at 10 ft-lbs I think. You could back off it a hair and it would be close.
I am attaching the Torque spec table that shows the 2 torques to use for doing the tightening sequence once completely and then finish with the second number.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8