Severe Vibration in car

DALEYALEO
  • 1999 FORD EXPEDITION
I was driving my 1999 Ford Expedition on the interstate when I notice a rattling noise from the front. Shortly after the rattling noise got worse and the whole car started vibrating. Any pressure on the gas made it worse. I ended up coasting off the nearest exit where I lost power steering coasting in the parking lot right off the exit. Now the car doesn't start unless the gas pedal is depressed and it makes a horrible rattling/grinding noise. Any idea what to look for thats broken/busted or what's wrong in general. Friends driving behind me said they smelled something burning when they were behind me.
Friday, November 19th, 2010 AT 3:33 PM

Do all the normal checks, fluids, etc. You may have a an engine problem or it may have lost fuel pressure and slowly died. If your oil level is way over full then havethe engine checked for being a blown motor. If you suspect motor damage a pro shoud check this to give you a more accurate diagnosis.
Friday, November 19th, 2010 AT 5:24 PM

Sponsored links