UPDATE: JUMP START WRONG POLARITY!1

1999 Ford Escort

mur19

April, 6, 2012 AT 3:34 PM

I was recently jump started and the guy hooked up the battery wrong, reversed polarity, and it blew the 100 amp main fuse. I replaced the fuse. All of them and the car runs fine except. It will not go back into gear unless a use a screw driver in the reset spot to the right of the shifter, however it does work each time I do this. Also the turn signals both do not work (hazards do thou) and the speedometer also doesn't work? The car is a 1999 ford escort, where do I go from here?

update: I have checked all the fuses I could find (under the steering wheel and under the hood by the battery -where the main fuses are) and replaced all of them. Is there any other place where more can be? Brake lights work and the fuses are also good?Help?

Wrenchtech

April, 6, 2012 AT 4:10 PM

Please make your responses to your original question. It can't be followed any other way and your original expert will be notified.

mur19

April, 6, 2012 AT 4:15 PM

I have checked all the fuses I could find (under the steering wheel and under the hood by the battery -where the main fuses are) and replaced all of them. Is there any other place where more can be? Brake lights work and the fuses are also good?Help?

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Edge