Sorry about that the first instructions I posted was for the 2002 escort here is the 1999 escort you have.
1. Raise the vehicle.
2. Drain the radiator.
3. Remove the bolts and the RH splash shield.
4. Disconnect the lower radiator hose and if equipped the lower oil cooler outlet tube.
5. Lower the vehicle.
6. Remove the upper radiator hose from the radiator and, if equipped, the upper oil cooler inlet tube.
7. Disconnect the connector at the fan motor.
8. Remove the radiator cap and disconnect the radiator overflow hose.
9. Remove the bolts and nuts for A/C condenser core from the brackets at the top of the radiator.
10. Remove the radiator and shroud assembly from the vehicle.
11. Remove the bolts and remove the fan motor, blade and shroud assembly.
1. Follow the removal procedure in reverse order.
2. Fill the cooling system with only Ford Premium Engine Coolant E2FZ-19549-AA (in Oregon, F5FZ-19549-CC, in Canada, Motorcraft CXC-8-B) or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESE-M97B44-A in a 50/50 mixture with water.
3. Start the engine and check all hoses and connections for leaks. Allow the engine to warm up so that the water thermostat opens.
4. Stop the engine. Top off coolant recovery reservoir as required to maintain minimum cold fill level.
Monday, February 14th, 2011 AT 6:19 PM