SQUEAKING NOISE FROM MY MOTOR.

1999 Dodge Durango

Tlallen29

May, 1, 2012 AT 5:10 PM

I recently changed my Timing chain cover gasket. (Leaking antifreeze) I put everything back together and now I get a squeaking noise. I checked all the pulleys and they're fine. I left the belt off and started the motor and I still have the noise. So then I thought I was my Harmonic Balancer. I changed that and have the same noise. I removed the balancer and started the truck for 4 seconds. I still have the noise. I now have no clue in what to do. I used pullers to remove the balancer and installers to install them. No hammers or such. Can u please help me?

Docfixit

May, 1, 2012 AT 5:21 PM

Noise comming from front cover? Change with engine speed?

Tlallen29

May, 1, 2012 AT 5:28 PM

Yes there's definitely a pattern. Engine goes faster, squeak goes faster.

Docfixit

May, 1, 2012 AT 5:41 PM

Suspect chain hitting cover where oil pan bolts removed during repair? Was oil seal replaced? RTV used for cover pan seal?

Tlallen29

May, 1, 2012 AT 5:47 PM

The 2 front oil pan bolts were remove cause they go into the cover. I didn't change the oil seal. I used some RTV on the oil pan seal. I applied it to the the timing cover.

Docfixit

May, 1, 2012 AT 5:50 PM

If noise is coming from front cover then tear down and inspect

Tlallen29

May, 1, 2012 AT 5:55 PM

Will do. Will let u know the findings

Docfixit

May, 1, 2012 AT 6:16 PM

O.K.

Tlallen29

May, 2, 2012 AT 3:35 PM

I removed the cover and I don't see shavings or anything out the blue. I did start the truck for 3 seconds. No squeak. I'm going to put a new oil seal on the cover. Is there a way to make sure the cover is aligned properly?

Docfixit

May, 2, 2012 AT 3:53 PM

Check oil seal spring I n place also how was oil slinger placed? Cover will align by bolt holes was is necessary to push down on cover to align holes?

Tlallen29

May, 4, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

I finished reinstalling the timing cover. It wasn't aligned right. I believed I over torqued the oil pan bolts and did not make sure the crank was centered. Everything is fine now. Thank you for all your input in helping me find the solution to this problem. I will recommend this site to any and everyone who need help to fix a problem. Now I'm off to change my oil. Thank you.

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Oil Change and Filter Replacement BMW 525i
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet