THE TRUCK WILL TURN BUT WILL NOT START

• Jonkilee1
  • 1999 Dodge Dakota

The truck will turn but will not start. And every time I replaced a part it would not start after couple of month later. So I have replaced the PCM, idle position sensor the battery. Checked the fuel pump n hear the buzz unless I was mistaken. I've checkedwith volt meter on the sensors but not sure if I checked them correctly. Please help Me for I have been here stuck for few days.

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 AT 5:36 PM

• JDL

Did you check for applicable trouble codes before you did, anything? If you replaced the pcm, may need to have it programmed by dealership. If it cranks good but won't start, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs, if you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure, engine cranking.

What about security system? Just mentioning a few possibilities.

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 AT 6:37 PM
  • Jonkilee1

Yeah ur right about the PCM needing to be programmed it was done. And it was great for 6 month and it wouldn't start again. Well, now I'm checking the spark plugs n the fuel injectors n bought myself a scanner. If u have ne other suggestion would be appreciated.

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 AT 4:45 PM
  • JDL

Let us know the results of tests.

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 AT 4:55 PM