I need help adjusting my headlights

BUGSYCMALONE
  • 1999 DAIHATSU TERIOS
Can someone please tell me how to adjust the low and high beam angles on my daihatsu terios in very simple terms (i.E. Girl speak)? Right now the low and high beams work they are just pitched so low the low beams are almost useless and the high beams are so low I'm using them instead of my low beams to see the road. If someone could let me know if very simple (girl speak) terms how I can adjust the pitch of the beams that would be brilliant.

Many thanks,
B
Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 1:55 AM

RIVERMIKERAT
Well, first off, you need to polish the plastic lens covers. If that doesn't completely correct the problem, follow these steps:
1: Park on level ground facing a wall after dusk.
2: Locate the 2 screws on both sides of the car that are used to adjust the headlights.
3: USUALLY, the adjuster screw on the outside adjusts the height of the beam. Turn this screw both directions until you notice a difference being made.
4: On relatively level ground, from about 6 feet (2 meters) away, the center of the headlight beam should be about 2-3 cm below the height of the center of the headlights on the car.

This is the best I can do as I can't find any listing for Daihatsu vehicles in my reference material.
-1
Thursday, October 13th, 2011 AT 2:50 AM