WHERE IS THE POWER WINDOW RELAY LOCATED ON A 1999 DAEWOO NUBIRA J100?

• Jamesmirtsis
  • 1999 Daewoo Nubira

Having a problem with the power windows they started moving ever so slowly and a few days later stopped. The switches were fine and it is every window that does not work. I have checked the fuse which was fine but swapped it with another just to be sure. I suspect it is the relay because it is every window that is failing but I can't find where the relays are located.

I see there are 4 relays under the dash behind the steering wheel. A green one, brown one and 2 others on the other side which I can't tell the colour. I am guessing it could be one of these. Can you tell me exactly where the relay is and which one? Thanking you in advance.

Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 AT 10:57 AM

• hmac300

There is another fuse in the underhood fuse box on lh fender. There is also a relay ign#2 that controls power windows. There isa sensor in teh drivers door switch for the windows as well.

Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 AT 2:50 PM
  • KHLow2008

I do not have any diagrams to show you the location of the power window relay, which is located in under hood fusebox, labelled Ignition 2 relay.

Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 AT 2:51 PM
  • Jamesmirtsis

Ok thank you I will have a look for it tonight. The fuse I checked was in the underhood and I replaced the drivers door switch thinking it was the switch. These clues help a lot. I now know what sort of thing I should be looking for. If this doesn't work I guess it's off to the auto electrician!

Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 AT 7:24 PM
  • hmac300

There is also a fuse in the fuse box inside the car.

Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 AT 8:52 PM
  • Jamesmirtsis

Oh ok. Is that the fuse box on the passenger side kick panel? I checked those and no fuses were blown but didn't notice a specific fuse for the power windows.

Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 AT 9:38 PM
  • hmac300

Yup

Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 AT 9:39 PM