ENGINE HAS NO POWER UNDER LOAD

1999 Daewoo Lanos

farcall4u

January, 1, 2012 AT 2:00 AM

Starts & idles fine but has no power & badly misfires when put under load, can I adjust the timing on a distributorless motor? I've replaced the plugs, leads, the ignition coil pack & the air filter. I've done a compression test, checked the resistance (all 15ohm)& cleaned the injectors. I've looked for leaks in the vacuum hoses & they all seem fine. I'm about to check the pulse power to the injectors so i'm not 100% sure there. I have a horrible feeling it's got something to do with the timing or maybe one of the valves, what do you think. If you could drive the car yourself, I have no doubt that you'd be able to diagnose the problem easily by the sound & the feel. It sounds like it has a big hole in the muffler & feels like it runs on 3 cylinders, once the car is up to speed it sounds & feels not so bad, it just takes a while to get there. Thanks for providing this service, i'm very greatful. Kind regards, Tim.

fixitmr

January, 1, 2012 AT 2:06 AM

Check fuel pressure. Get codes read. Clean MAF

fixitmr

January, 1, 2012 AT 2:15 AM

No, cant adjust timing.

farcall4u

January, 1, 2012 AT 5:02 AM

I've had a look for the multiple pin plug outlet for the diagnostic code reader. The spot where it is has the little door on the drivers side but no plug. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the manual(electrical) either, go figure!

fixitmr

January, 1, 2012 AT 5:47 AM

My source says center instrument panel left side? What do plugs look like?

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang