WHEN TURNING THE KEY TO THE START POSITION BREAK...

1999 Chrysler Town and Country

Anonymous

November, 11, 2012 AT 5:34 PM

When turning the key to the start position, break light comes on and starter does not crank at all, I tested the shut down relay and starter relay and they were both getting power, but do not have continuity tester to see if fuses are good or not. Been having problems with alarm system automatically shutting down vehicle for a certain period of time usually 1-2 hours before starting up again If I'm Lucky.

I am unable to figure out what exactly may be causing the problem, with the info I gave I am hoping you may have some ideas as to what I can do or what it may be, I've worked on cars for a long time but have never really learned about the electrical side or what would the trouble code would be for break light coming on while key is in start position?

November, 11, 2012 AT 5:44 PM

Brake light in start mode is a bulb test.

Test for voltage to the little wire on the starter for power in the start position.

If you have no tester for fuses, how did you check the relays?

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement