CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME A REMEDY FOR A TRANS THAT IS STUCK IN LIMP MODE?

1999 Chrysler Sebring

jayvegh

August, 20, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

I have a 99' sebring 2 dr coupe, and noticed the car shifted a little hard into third gear. I checked the trans fluid and noticed it was a half quart low so I added mercron +5 to it. Come to find out, my car takes mopar. My car went into "limp mode" (only has 2nd gear). I did a complete trans flush and added the correct fluid and this did not fix the problem. I tried disconnecting the battery overnight, and this still didnt correct the problem. Can somebody give me a solution that would not require replacing the whole trans?

August, 20, 2012 AT 12:45 AM

Cant do that. When was the last time you changed the fluid? It is a 50k service.

It could be valve body or internal failure. The damage is already done. You will need a trans shop to pinpoint the failure before discussing price and other options.

August, 20, 2012 AT 7:41 AM

First thing you should be checking for is trouble codes that can be retrieved with scan tools. Without understanding what could possibly be wrong and starting to replace things is not the correct way and is a waste of time and can be costly.