DRIVER DOOR.

1999 Chrysler Sebring

SKsilver

January, 28, 2014 AT 8:35 AM

I have two questions. The driver door hinge or bushing or pin? Is broke or something because I have to lift up on the door to shut it so my brother was trying to fix it for me and broke the outside door handle off. My question is can I just replace the handle or will I have to replace the whole door? And a friend said he would have to weld something on the door to fix it and my brother said you can't get to the spot you need to fix the door? So who is correct, my friend or my brother?

Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Rear Door

hmac300

January, 28, 2014 AT 8:46 AM

Either the hinge is worn out or broken so that needs to be fixed either with a new hinge which may need to be welded on. The door handle can be replaced by itself.

SKsilver

January, 28, 2014 AT 8:49 AM

Thank you so much because the salvage yards are telling me I have to replace the whole door ($250) which I can't afford so I just wanted to make sure. Thank you so much again.

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Switch Replacement and Test