Usually about 30 minutes or so.
WARNING: DO NOT remove pressure cap with the system hot and under pressure
because serious burns from coolant can occur.
1. Disconnect negative cable from remote jumper terminal.
2. Drain cooling system.
3. Remove accessory drive belt.
4. Raise and support vehicle.
5. Remove generator attaching bolts and set aside for ease of access to thermostat.
6. Remove lower radiator and heater hoses from thermostat housing.
7. Remove thermostat housing bolts.
8. Remove thermostat and housing.
1. Clean gasket seal surfaces.
2. Install thermostat and gasket into the thermostat housing.
NOTE: Install thermostat with the bleed valve located at the 12 o'clock
3. Install thermostat and housing to cylinder block. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS.
4. Connect heater and lower radiator hoses. Install hose clamps.
5. Install generator and attaching bolts.
6. Remove support and lower vehicle.
7. Install accessory drive belt. See Fig. 3.
8. Refill cooling system.
9. Connect negative cable to remote jumper terminal.
Fig. 3: Drive Belt Routing (2.7L Concorde, Intrepid, LHS & 300M)
Courtesy of CHRYSLER CORP.
2.7L V6 ENGINE - VIN [R] -1999 Chrysler Concorde LX Page 1 of 1
Saturday, December 17th, 2011 AT 6:47 PM