WHAT WOULD BE AN ESTIMATE OF WHAT A SHOP WOULD ...

1999 Chrysler 300

countryboyfresh1992

October, 18, 2012 AT 7:04 AM

What would be an estimate of what a shop would charge me to have reverse rebuild in my transmission because it went out

caradiodoc

October, 18, 2012 AT 7:28 AM

We don't get involved with costs here because there's way too many variables. Besides, if all that is wrong is it slips in reverse, you need a proper diagnosis and a repair, generally not a total rebuild.

Independent transmission shops will usually repair what is needed while dealerships will usually just install a remanufactured transmission. The dealer's repair will get the car done faster with factory parts, and the new transmission will have any updated parts. Repairing just what is needed will cost less unless there are new and improved parts they want to install to increase reliability. Those are generalizations, but the place to start is with a diagnosis of the cause of the problem.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma