I WAS AT A GAS STATION AND TURNED THE CAR OFF

1999 Chrysler 300

Anonymous

November, 13, 2012 AT 6:54 PM

I was at a gas station and turned the car off. When I tried to turn it back on it would try to turn over but wouldn't start. I finally got it started but it died immediately. Tried a few more times and then it wouldn't even try to turn over it was just clicking. My key wouldn't turn back all the way so I had to leave my car with the lights on therefore it completely killed my battery. I took my battery to auto zone to have it charged when I put it back in the lights came on but when I tried to start it it was still just clicking from the fuse box it wouldn't try to turn over. Could this still be my battery if I bought a new one? Or does it sound like the ignition switch or the starter. Or even the relay switch. I want to buy a new battery but if that's not it I don't know what to do.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 13, 2012 AT 6:57 PM

If all you hear is a clicking noise when you turn the key to start, the battery is most likely too weak to start the engine.

kelseymae93

November, 13, 2012 AT 7:07 PM

That's what a few people have said. So do you think if I buy a new battery it could possible start?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 13, 2012 AT 7:11 PM

I would think it would at least turn the engine over. Have the parts store load test your old one to confirm that it is bad.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang