BLOWER MOTOR IS STUCK ON HIGH, WONT TURN OFF AND I CAN'T CONTROL THE TEMP.

1999 Chrysler 300

alwayzmyn2

December, 12, 2011 AT 7:20 PM

I have a 300M. The blower motor is stuck on high and I can't control the temp so its only blowing cold air. I can change it from defrost to other vents. Also when I turn the heat completely off the blower motor still runs pushing out cold air. I've been told by a mechanic who just listened to it and tried to turn the heat off that its the Instrument Cluster but everything I have read here says its the Blower Motor Resistor Module. At times my dashboard lights do go off on their own which I know is the Instrument Cluster but I didn't think that would cause the Blow Motor to malfunction. Could they be right or should I insist its the Blower Motor Resistor Module?

December, 12, 2011 AT 7:51 PM

Do you have automatic temp control? With automatic temp control, you have blower motor control module not resistors. Any applicable hvac codes codes? That module should only control speed, not temp.

alwayzmyn2

December, 12, 2011 AT 8:03 PM

I honestly don't know if I have automatic temp control. I have attached a picture as to what the climate control looks like in my car. The mechanic is telling me that the instrument cluster controls my heater controls but I thought it controlled the lights and not how fast my blower goes and whether or not it will shut off.

December, 12, 2011 AT 8:04 PM

Another thought, After you check for codes. Pull the IOD fuse, wait about ten minutes. Replace the IOD fuse, start the vehicle, give it about 5 minutes, engine running, maybe the hvac will recallibrate?

December, 12, 2011 AT 8:30 PM

I was wrong, that module is called automatic temp control module. Controls voltage and ground to blower motor.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic