BUCKING

1999 Chevrolet Venture

CraigT

March, 5, 2011 AT 11:53 PM

BUCKING AT TAKE OFF IN 99 VENTURE VAN

Wrenchtech

March, 6, 2011 AT 12:26 AM

Sounds like it's misfiring under load. Check for codes in the computer to help you find out which cylinders are doing it. If it's not a misfire, it could be a bad Mass Air Flow sensor.

CraigT

March, 6, 2011 AT 12:43 AM

I HAVE ALREADY CHANGED THE MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR. THE MISS FIRE IS SPORADIC. IT MISSES ON 1, 4, & 6 MOSTLY BUT THERE IS NO RHYTHM TO IT. IT NEVER FOLLOWS THE SAME SEQUENCE. I HAVE THOUGHT OF A VACUUM LEAK BUT CAN'T FIND ONE. I HAVE CHANGED THE COMPUTER AND ITR DID NOT FIX IT EITHER.

Wrenchtech

March, 6, 2011 AT 12:45 AM

No, I wouldn't expect the computer to help that. It's usually collective resistance in the secondary ignition components which are the plugs, wires and coils.

CraigT

March, 6, 2011 AT 12:49 AM

I USED AUTOLITE PLATINUMS TO BEGIN WITH. THEN CHANGED THEM WITH AC DELCO. WHEN I CHANGED TO DELCO I ONLY DID 3 AT A TIME. MY WIFE SAID IT RAN GREAT WITH NO PROBLEMS WHEN IT WAS JUST THE FRONT 3. AFTER I CHANGED THE BACK 3 IT STARTED ALL OVER AGAIN.

Wrenchtech

March, 6, 2011 AT 12:52 AM

That tells you the problem is in something you did with the plugs and wires. Check your firing order again. You also may have cracked a plug. You didn't mention wire. Make sure they were changed with Motorcrafts.

CraigT

March, 6, 2011 AT 12:56 AM

WHY WOULD I USE MOTORCRAFT ON A GM. I CHANGED THOSE ALSO WITH DELCO FROM THE DEALER. I ALSO DIDN'T SAY THAT ONE DAY THIS PAST WEEK SHE TEXTED ME TO ASK WHAT I DID TO THE VAN BECAUSE IT RAN PERFECT THAT MORNING. THAT AFTERNOON IT WAS RUNNING BAD AGAIN. I WORK AT AN AUTO BODY SHOP SO I GET GREAT DISCOUNTS, LIKE YOU.

Wrenchtech

March, 6, 2011 AT 1:14 AM

My bad, I forgot it was a GM.
You're going to have to track down which cylinders are doing it and find out why.

CraigT

March, 6, 2011 AT 1:15 AM

IT IDLES FINE AND CRUISES FINE AFTER GETTING UP TO SPEED. THE FUEL ECONOMY SEEMS TO BE DOWN THOUGH. I HAVE WONDERED IF IT COULD BE SOMETHING IN FUEL DELIVERY OR SOMETHING WITH THROTTLE POSITION.

CraigT

March, 6, 2011 AT 1:18 AM

I HAVE HAD IT AT A REPUTABLE REPAIR SHOP IN MY AREA ONLY TO HAVE THEIR MAIN MECHANIC BE JUST AS STUMPED AND SCRATCHING HIS HEAD AS I HAVE BEEN. I KNOW IT IS THE 1 4 6 CYLINDERS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER. IT JUMPS ALL AROUND WHICH ONE IT MISSES ON WITH NO SEQUENCE TO IT.

Wrenchtech

March, 6, 2011 AT 1:19 AM

You might want to have the fuel injectors pressure cleaned. They could be all varnished up.

Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang