99 CHEVY TRACKER 2

1999 Chevrolet Tracker

samflenner

April, 6, 2013 AT 1:21 AM

99 chevy tracker 2.0 put new rad, new cooling fan new thermostat, new hoses on it getting good heat temp guage running normal but rad boils over

Please Help

Jacobandnickolas

April, 6, 2013 AT 1:58 AM

You may have a bad head gasket. With the engine cold, remove the radiator cap and start the engine. Does coolant shoot out of the radiator?

samflenner

April, 6, 2013 AT 5:58 AM

Thank you I wil try this first thing in the morning. But if was head gasket wouldnt their be water in the oil or vice versa?

samflenner

April, 6, 2013 AT 6:55 PM

No. But I think I found the problem new rad cap seal was split

samflenner

April, 6, 2013 AT 11:11 PM

New rad cap so far so good want to make sure first before I drain water out and replace with 50/50 mix

Jacobandnickolas

April, 7, 2013 AT 2:45 AM

Great! I hope that is all that was wrong. As far as your question regarding the coolant and oil mixing, that doesn't always happen. I had you remove the rad cap because many times the compressed air from the cylinders get into the cooling system with a bad head gasket. That would have caused you to think the radiator was boiling over and it would have shot the coolant out with the cap off.

Let me know if it continues working.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230