99 Tahoe

Tiny
MUTTY
  • MEMBER
  • 1999 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Why is my 99 tahoe losing brake fluid? Brake light comes on (red -BRAKE-), and the brake pedal gets "soft". I top off the resivoir and the light goes off and the brakes feel good again. Losing fluid, but cant see a leak. It takes a week or so before it happens again, with regular driving
Do you
have the same problem?
Yes
No
Monday, February 7th, 2011 AT 7:49 PM

3 Replies

Tiny
WRENCHTECH
  • EXPERT
You obviously have a leak and the system needs to be inspected ASAP to determine where it is
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
-1
Monday, February 7th, 2011 AT 9:15 PM
Tiny
MUTTY
  • MEMBER
The master doesnt completely empty. Where it divides 75/25 in the reservoir, only the 25% side empties. It doesnt draw from the remaining 75% side.
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
-1
Tuesday, February 8th, 2011 AT 2:07 AM
Tiny
WRENCHTECH
  • EXPERT
That's because it's a dual system designed to make sure a leak doesn't cause you to lose all 4 brakes. The smaller compartment is usually for the rear brakes.
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
-1
Tuesday, February 8th, 2011 AT 2:10 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides