ROCKER ARM ADJUSTMENTS

1999 Chevrolet Suburban

markpeterman

August, 18, 2012 AT 9:29 PM

I'm trying to adjust the rocker arms while the engine is running. What is the best way to do it?
I've already tried to loosen the rocker arm then re-tighten it by listening for the clicking to stop, but it's too hard to tell them it stops clicking because there is so much noise coming from the engine.

August, 18, 2012 AT 10:18 PM

Which engine do you have?
Never knew you could adjust the rocker arms with engine running.

markpeterman

August, 19, 2012 AT 2:51 AM

5.7 v8

August, 19, 2012 AT 6:47 AM

VALVE CLEARANCE ADJUSTMENT 5.0L & 5.7L

NOTE: Although valve clearance adjustment is not usually required (engine uses hydraulic valve lifters), perform the following procedure after servicing valve train.

Rotate crankshaft until timing marks are aligned and cylinder No. 1 is at TDC of compression stroke (Firing position). Adjust exhaust valves at cylinders 1, 3, 4, and 8, intake valves at cylinders 1, 2, 5, and 7. To adjust, loosen rocker arm adjusting nut until up and down lash is present. Tighten adjusting nut until lash is removed, then tighten adjusting nut one full turn. Rotate crankshaft 360 degrees to bring cylinder No. 6 to TDC of compression stroke and timing marks are aligned. Adjust exhaust valves 2, 5, 6 and 7, intake valves 3, 4, 6 and 8.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element