HOW TO FIX A AIR CONDITIONER IN A 1999 CHEVY K1500 SUBURBAN 4X4

• katerina
  • 1999 Chevrolet Suburban

Seems we have a leak in the air conditioner line and also a short in the main control where you turn it off and on please explain to me on how to fix this problem THANK YOU

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 2:00 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Which line? There are 4-6 lines depending on rear air or not.
What short? What are the symptoms?

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 2:29 AM
  • katerina

For the short, when we turn the off and on control **** and try to turn it from off to low. Med. Or high it dosent turn on unless we jiggle or put pressure on the **** or the face of the dash control board-For the lines its the main line from what I can tell. From the area where the water from the air conditioner gathers to the rear AC

Monday, October 3rd, 2011 AT 12:52 AM
  • katerina

Were it has **** it means k n o b (:

Monday, October 3rd, 2011 AT 12:56 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

It sounds like the control head has a connection issues and needs to be checked to see if it has to be cleaned or replaced.
The lines run from the rear unit to under the passenger seat. These lines are sold as a pair and may also come with the heater lines as well. You can verify that with a gm dealer parts department. When you call, make sure you have the last 9 of your vin number so they can be accurate in there pricing. Be aware, they are costly and the labor is about 3-5 hours to replace them plus the dryer, orfice tube, coolant flush.

Monday, October 3rd, 2011 AT 1:04 AM
  • katerina

Thank you for your reply I will check it out

Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 AT 2:14 AM