1999 Chevrolet Silverado Fuel Pump

GATOGEAR13
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Several Issues I will start from beginning. Steering Column had issues because the shifter was hard to take out of Drive. Truck died and would not start, replaced the fuel pump but still not receiving power. Replaced the fuel pump relay switch and no change. Noticed that the instrument panel gauges are stuck all forward and the truck will shift manually without any effort as if the brake was depressed. Per advice of a backyard mechanic got a used computer from a wrecking yard and made sure that all the numbers matched up no change. Put back original computer.

I have a suspicion that it it has something to do with the steering column but I am not sure.

Other symptoms have a P040 and P041 Code may be unrelated but have replaced mufflers and 02 sensors.
Rear Brake light turns off when the brakes are hit replaced bulb.

These may not be related but this is all I can think of.

Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 AT 9:35 AM

Computers are vin specific meaning they have to be programmed to your vehicle. Check ground on back of frame drivers side for brake lights. It's probably corroded and not making contact so lights go out. If the column was replaced check wires to make sure they are all the correct ones as different years change on these. The diode on your truck key may not match the ignition switch so it won't start. If you have the anti theft light see pic for instructions on how to reset. The codes are incorrect and need another number to get what they are. You'll have to get it scanned because it may be the fuel control module as well.
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 AT 12:15 PM
GATOGEAR13
Original column. Just worked the other day. Original cpu. On fuel pump relay switch replaced and still will not click. Diode 87 with an electrical tester turns on when grounded. DIODE 87 does not light up when turning over key. Any suggestions?
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 AT 1:11 PM
The instruction s I sent in pic should cure the anti theft problem I 'm sure that is what is stopping your fuel. Did you try that at all? If not that then it's going to have to be scanned to see what has happened to security system pulling the computer and replacing it then replacing it again did not help things actually. You mayhave to do the sequence like it says in pic if not it may need a scanner to fix it.
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 AT 1:18 PM
GATOGEAR13
It has a passlock system that does not seem to be on tried it and nothing. Hooked up OBDII meter and it does not recognize that ignition is on what you think. I know this OBDII works on this truck that is how I got the original codes
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 AT 2:40 PM
GATOGEAR13
I also jumped 87 and 30 on fuel pump relay switch and fuel pump does work continuously
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 AT 2:41 PM
I don't know what to tell you then. Best thing is to let a local pro look at it. It kind of sounds like the pcm isn't sending the signal to engage the relay so the engine will run. Check the dark grn/white wire and see if it is getting power in fuse box if it is then the spade on relay may have to be bent for better contact or it's bad the one in fuse box or the connection is bad at pcm.
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 AT 3:09 PM
GATOGEAR13
You don't think that the blinker not working, The fuel pump not activating, the instrument cluster not working and the ObdII reader saying iigniton is of has anything to do with ignition switch? I am not sure but I thought id bring it up
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 AT 3:32 PM
The dash could be just bad as they are digital but it's worth a try ignition switches do go bad. Have you check checked ign fuse E in under hood fuse box? That powers up the fuel pump module which also powers fuel sender gauge. The dash power comes from tans fuse and gauge fuse in ip fuse panel. Which is fuse 4 & 20 in the ip fuse box. Have you checked all ignition and ecm fuses in the under hood fuse box with a test light or voltmeter? I really can't think of anything else to tell you. If this is a donation question get back to me and i'll send in for refund for you. Without really doing stuff myself I can' t think of anything else. Usually the aldl is a connection problem.
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 AT 3:48 PM
GATOGEAR13
Yes I did do a donation, thank you.
Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 AT 7:40 AM
2CARPROS MIKE
We have processed your refund and are sorry we were not able to figure this out yet. We will do some more research and post something as soon as possible. Thank you for giving us a try, we will do our best to solve this.
Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 AT 11:14 AM