Fuel pump

LMOLINA8488
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

About a 1999 chevy silverado 2 wheel drive 4.3L I had asked yesterday that replaced fuel pump with new one and there is no power going to fuel pump it turn on before and I hooked up a test light and it did not on I check all fuses and they are all good just how do check the relay with test light if I would be able to and if theres no power there were could I check to see were the problem might be besides no power to the fuel pump everything else is good

Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 6:15 PM

If you were talking to somebody yesterday, if you stay on the original post. That person will receive a notice that your asking another question. If you post a new question they won't know.

At the initial prime, key on engine off, can you hear the pump run?

Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 6:25 PM
LMOLINA8488

The fuel pump does not on at all no power going to it

-1
Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 6:28 PM

Did you use a voltage tester at the proper fuses?

Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 6:46 PM

You can see the ecmB fuse in the diagram, hot all the time. The gray wire voltage to pump motor, black is ground.

Voltage to the coil side of relay, dark green wire with white tracer, that voltage comes from pcm. The coil side of relay has to have voltage and ground or the relay won't energize. When the relay is energized, that line with the arrowhear on it, moves to the gray wire.

Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 6:53 PM