1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo power window motor

DEADFISHDALE
  • 1999 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
Do I have to take the whole regulator off, just to replace the motor itself?
I have already know it is the motor that needs to be replaced.

This is on the drivers side.
Saturday, May 31st, 2014 AT 6:49 PM

SATURNTECH9
Yes your going to have to remove the regulator to replace the motor all the gm ones like that I have had to.
Saturday, May 31st, 2014 AT 10:16 PM
MAXIMILIAM
Hey Sarurtech9,

Thanks for responding to my question about the replacement of the power window motor on my Moms Old Monte.

I know you said we had to take the whole regulator out, but I went against your advice and I wanted to share the results with you.

I am not mechanically inclined and I knew the more I took everything apart, the less chance it would all work right when I got done, so I put a little c clamp on the gears near the motor on the inside of the door.

Took the old motor out, put the new one in.

The only problems I came scross was dropping the nuts into the door, and I had to plug the switch in to jog gears on the new motor for correct orientation.
+1
Monday, June 16th, 2014 AT 1:30 AM
SATURNTECH9
It actually takes less time to just remove the whole regulator also I wouldnt do it in the door for safety reasons. There is the spring loaded arm you mentioned that you held with a clamp. While its in the door its harder to see and keep your fingers out of and being caught in there. So it maybe be possible I wouldnt recommend doing it in the door because it actually makes it harder to do and take longer plus for safety reasons.
Monday, June 16th, 2014 AT 6:11 AM