How to change a serpentine belt on a 1999 chevy malibu
have the same problem?
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 7:48 PM
Notice: Routine inspection of the belt may reveal cracks in the belt ribs. These cracks will not impair the belt performance. The belt should be replaced if the belt slip occurs if a section of the belt ribs are missing. A single serpentine drive belt is used to drive all engine accessories. All belt driven accessories are rigidly mounted with the belt tension maintained by a spring loaded tensioner. The indicator on the movable portion of the tensioner must be within the limits of the marks of the stationary portion of the tensioner. Any reading outside of these limits indicates either a defective belt or tensioner.
1. Remove the coolant recovery reservoir. Refer to Surge Tank Replacement in Cooling System.
2. Rotate the drive belt tensioner in a clockwise motion using a box end wrench.
3. Remove the drive belt.
1. Rotate the drive belt tensioner in a clockwise motion using a box end wrench.
2. Install the drive belt. Connect the serpentine drive belt last to the power steering pulley.
3. Install the coolant recovery reservoir.