I REPLACED THE POWER STEERING UNIT IN MY 99 CHEV...

1999 Chevrolet Malibu

Anonymous

I replaced the power steering unit in my 99 chev malibu 4 cyclinder and now it has a clicking noise coming from the unit. What would cause this: the new power steering unit is bad, does the unit needs to be bleed.
thank you dan

January, 9, 2013 AT 12:09 AM

Electric or hydraulic?

freemba

March, 2, 2013 AT 6:07 PM

If bleeding is a concern, here is how to bleed the system: Raise the front of the vehicle and support safely. This will minimize steering effort. Fill the power steering pump reservoir with the appropriate type of power steering fluid.

2. With the engine OFF, keep the reservoir full as an assistant turns the steering wheel from lock-to-lock several times. Stop with the steering system at one lock.

3. Start the engine and allow it to idle. Turn the wheel from lock-to-lock several times. Note the amount of air bubbles in the fluid. Repeat the procedure until no more air bubbles appear.

Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz